Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
My mommy and my sister are the most important people in my life!!! Love them both more than anything!
Monday, February 25, 2013
Have you ever thought of the similarities of the local church and the neighborhood bar?
In both places:
...people come looking for fellowship;
...people want to go where others know their name;
...people want to go where they are accepted;
...people want to go where their spirits will be lifted;
...people are united around one theme;
...people go where they like the music.
Like a priest, the bartender serves by listening to people's troubles. But the differences are profound. The bar is centered on booze and the church is centered on Jesus Christ. The bar offers a way to escape problems. The church offers a way to face them, get through them, and overcome them.The spirit inside the bar lowers one's guard when it comes to temptation and sin. The spirit of the true church encourages people to turn from sin and turn to God.
The bar may be a substitute for the environment of the church, but it never comes close to providing the meaning and purpose found in a Christ-centered church.
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Thursday, February 21, 2013
It's ok that I'm totally exhausted from being back to work but I TOTALLY love it!!!! Being a working girl again ROCKS!!!!
It's ok that I'm stressed out over some decisions I need to make.....GREAT decisions but none-the-less.....stressful! Thank God, I have an amazing God who will guide me....juuuussstttt as soon as I let it go to Him! ;)
It's ok that I do not have a date for the ball on Saturday because now that I don't have a date for the actual ball, I get to have a stay at home date with one amazing man....
That's right folks, I will be babysitting a sweet Andrew while his mommy and daddy go to the ball! See, being single has it's privileges!
It's ok that I'm totally over American Idol..... bored with it and this makes me very sad!
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
* 1/3 cup water
* 1 tablespoon dill seed
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1/3 cup buttermilk salad dressing and seasoning mix
* 2 cups mayonnaise
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1 1/3 cups milk
* 1 cup white vinegar
* 2 large cucumbers, quartered and thinly sliced
* 3 tomatoes, cubed
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1/2 onion, sliced and quartered
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. Place water and dill seed in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes. Whisk in honey and salad dressing mix, then pour mixture into a large bowl. Whisk in mayonnaise, buttermilk, milk, and vinegar until smooth.
2. Place cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, onion, garlic, and salt into a separate bowl, and pour half of the dressing onto the vegetables; toss well. Cover, and refrigerate salad for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing for future use.
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Saturday, February 16, 2013
HIGH FIVE FOR FRIDAY!!!! Woot woot!!!!
High Five Number one:
This little diva in her Valentine's tutu.....nuff said.... adorbs!
High Five Number Two:
Valentine's week was pretty amazing! It was my step-dad's birthday as well, so spending lots of time with the parentals is always a good thing!
High Five Number Three:
Getting my FAVORITE dessert eVer and seeing this sweet guy on Valentine's!
High Five Number Five:
The BIGGEST high five of the week..... FULLY letting go of the past and realizing how much God has worked in my heart over the last few months. Realizing that He allowed heartaches to happen and disappointments to break my heart so that I could be in His perfect will! Finally grasping that His best for me is yet to come and what I thought was the best was certainly not (FAR from it). Finally waking up to eyes wide opened and realizing so much that I was blind to, things literally clicked for me in one moment and that one moment changed EVERYTHING for me! God is so AMAZING!!!!! I have never been happier in my life than where I am now! Being with my family is so amazing, my Church is phenomenal, my childhood friends ROCK, I start my new job on Monday, I was asked to be in another commercial for Fox 34, my photography business is growing, and I have adored the single life so much!!!! It's really been amazing to see how much I have grown in every aspect of my life and I owe it all to Him!!!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!! Life is the most amazing it has ever been!!!!!
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
|Photo by Amelia Grace Photography|
By Lori Kennedy
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”Ephesians 3:16-19 (NIV)
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1 egg
* seasoning salt to taste
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup cornstarch
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* salt and pepper to taste
* oil for frying
1. In a shallow dish or bowl combine the soup, egg and seasoning salt (be careful, as soup is already salted); mix together. Dip chicken in mixture and turn to coat completely. Set aside.
2. In a resealable plastic bag mix together the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. One at a time, place chicken pieces in bag, seal and shake to coat. Add more flour and/or cornstarch as necessary, but add them in equal parts (there should be an equal amount of each in the mixture).
3. Place coated chicken on a platter and allow to sit until it becomes doughy (this is critical, to ensure crispiness when fried). Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat; be sure to use enough oil to cover chicken pieces. Once chicken is doughy, test oil by dropping a piece of the 'dough' into it; the oil is ready when it starts to fry immediately.
4. Fry chicken pieces in oil for about 7 to 10 minutes each, or until cooked through and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels and serve
Monday, February 11, 2013
This is my prayer book. I keep all of my prayers for my family and friends in this book. I pray over all of my family and friends and use this book to keep track of specific prayers they need.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
* 4 1/2 cups water
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, partially thawed
1. In a large pitcher, mix together lemonade concentrate and water. Stir in strawberries
Saturday, February 9, 2013
* 1 cup white sugar, or to taste
* 4 lemons, juiced
* 4 limes, juiced
* 4 oranges, juiced
* 3 quarts cold water
* 1 lime, sliced into rounds (optional)
* 12 cups ice cubes
1. Pour the sugar, lemon juice, lime juice, and orange juice into a gallon-sized container; stir until the sugar has dissolved. Serve over ice with a slice of lime if desired.
Friday, February 8, 2013
I missed yesterday so today I took a picture of what I wore and a picture of the clouds for Day 2 and Day 3!
Today, I wasn't feeling very "fashionable" as I have been sick with a cold and allergies. So, I just threw on a shirt and a scarf and put the hair in a bun. I also wore my "Hope For Dylan Redwine" bracelet to show my support for him and his dear family and his friends!!! We're praying for you Dylan!
The picture of my clouds turned out pretty awesome! I think I caught them at the perfect timing.
Thursday, February 7, 2013
I am loving the Godly friends God is bringing into my life. I am meeting some amazing Godly friends to fellowship with and I couldn't be happier!
I am loving that I finally got to talk to my sissy for longer than just five minutes today!!!! We've both been so busy that having a long conversation has not happened in a while! I love my sissy!
I am loving that I can't write much more 'cause I need to get back to editing....have LOTS of shoots I need to finish up and THAT is a GREAT THING!!!!
Sunday, February 3, 2013
1. If you were stuck on an island what are the two material items you would want to have?
If I was stuck on an island I’d take my phone and a one very sexy Bradley Cooper..... ;)
2. What are two TV shows you’d watch over and over?
Big Bang Theory....duh
Beverly Hills 90210
3. If your house was on fire what two things aside from family, pets, etc would you grab?
Friday, February 1, 2013
This week has been a very busy one and AMAZING one so picking my top High Five is tough!
High Five Number One:
I am so thankful that my photography business is BOOMING! I've been so busy this week! God is AWESOME! Thank you Jesus for your favor!
High Five Number Two:
The parentals are pretty awesome! I have really enjoyed being home! I'm pretty sure moving back home has been the BEST decision I have ever made in my life! I'm so happy and God has done so much for my life! His Favor is upon me and it's all because I obeyed Him!
High Five Number Three:
It is the FIRST day of Love Bug Month!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!
High Five Number Four:
I spent lots of GIRLFRIEND time with amazing friends this week! BAM!
High Five Number Five:
Baby Andrew is feeling so much better! Still in the hospital but he is WAY better!!!! THANK YOU GOD!