Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Love Without God Is Impossible



"Like it or not agape love isn't something you can do.  It's only something God can do." The Love Dare

Have you ever taken time to ask God where you stand with Him?  I started a journey to learn more about love and in that journey, I stopped and asked God that simple question.  "God, where do I stand with you?"   When you ask God a straight forward question, be prepared for His answer.  Let's just say, it wasn't what I thought it would be.  I was not standing with Him where I thought I was or HOW I thought I should.  He wants so much more from me.  So, I took my love journey and turned them into days of seeking how to stand with Him where HE wants me to stand, I also began to fully understand about the three things God asks for us; giving, praying, and fasting.  So, I started seeking more about fasting, I realize that fasting is the threefold cord that is needed in a spiritual relationship with God.

"A threefold cord is not quickly broken."  Ecclesiastes 4:12

Giving, praying, and fasting.  Over the years I have learned a lot about fasting and have come to realize that fasting brings a miraculous provision, favor, and a closeness with God like no other.  As I'm getting this fasting thing, I start to think about my love journey and how true it is, love IS impossible with out God.  I started to think about people in my life who aren't saved or have no desire to have a relationship with God and I have realized that I do not love them right.  Sure, I pray for them but I pray more for them to take notice of their "faults" and to change but I never pray for their salvation.  I never love them enough to pray and fast for their hearts to be totally touched by the hand of God because only when we truly have the power of God in our lives can our hearts truly change for the better.  

Finally a breakthrough, I realized that to truly love somebody is to give, pray, and fast for their salvation.  To pray that they too will be able to feel the amazing feeling of loving THROUGH Him and not through ourselves.  When we love through only our own understanding of love, it tends to become jealous, selfish, thoughtless, mean spirited.......impossible.  To love through God we can share a pure, selfless, thoughtful, and precious love.  

"This is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment