Saturday, March 16, 2013

I Want To Feel God Again

So, confession time....here lately I haven't been feeling that close to God. I've been praying and doing Bible Study on my own still but I really do think this not connecting with a Church is really effecting my spiritual walk. Obviously God is still my rock, my Father, my best friend....but I have to admit, I do feel a sense of emptiness by not being connected with other Christians the way I was back in Arkansas. When I first moved back home, I thought I KNEW where I needed to be as far as Church goes but recently....I just feel so lost! It really does make a difference in my spiritual walk and I think I finally really realized the impact it is having on me to not be fully engaged in a Church or feel that connection.  I am engaged with my missions group but I want a Church home. 

A part of me is starting to feel numb and feeling like I am just going through the motions. I don't want to feel that way. I want to feel God totally and utterly in my life and in my spirit again. Something has been lacking lately and I'm pretty sure it's this disconnect with other followers lately.  So, with that being said, I am really really going to be on the Church hunt and stop "church hopping". My goal is to have a Church home by April. I've been church hopping since I moved back to Texas so surely I will have one by then.   I miss small groups and connecting and having accountability partners. It's a big part of my Christian walk that I miss, so keep me in your prayers everybody!!!  I was invited to a young professionals Church Group on Wed and to help out with a Women's Conference in April, so I think I'll check all of this out and see how it goes! This group of people seem super welcoming and excited for me to join them and that makes a HUGE difference!

7 comments:

  1. Hola!!

    Muchas gracias por pasarte y quedarte en nuestro blog:)

    Tienes un blog muy variado y completo! Nos encanta^^

    Sin duda te seguimos ahora mismo!

    Tenemos una nueva entrada en nuestro Blog, en la que sometemos a juicio los estilismo de los famosos en la Alfombra Roja, dónde no siempre aciertan...

    ¿Te lo vas a perder?


    Te esperamos en:

    http://elpinceldecolores.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the same way although my husband and I are members of a church, I just don't feel "connected" although I have participated in things...I think I just need to give it time. Have you read The Purpose Driven Life? I'm currently reading that now and it has truly opened my eyes about myself and why I have been feeling the way I have been. Thanks for sharing your struggle, it helps knowing I am not alone :)

    Kristen@fewofmyfavoritethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing Kristen....helps me also know I'm not alone! Keep me updated on any progress!

      Delete
  3. Girl I feel ya. I don't know where I would be without my church body along side me! I love this church family so much. I hope you find a place to plug in soon!

    patternedlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Naomi! Please, keep me in your prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt 18:20 where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst....fellowship is important, blessings to u on ur journey

    ReplyDelete