Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Prayers For Hailey ~ Henry-Be-Gone!!!!

In life we meet all kinds of people.  We exchanged greetings and nods and small talk.  Sometimes we  take those small encounters and make friendships that are for short seasons and part ways for different reasons.....but sometimes, we meet those people who become more than just friends.  They become what I like to call, "lifers".  These special people become our family and stay in our lives forever; every season, year in and year out.  You experience life together through good times and bad.

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24

For me, one amazing friend comes to mind when I think about my "lifers".  Her name is Hailey AKA Sally! We randomly started calling one another Sally years ago and it just stuck.  So, Hailey will forever be my Sally!  Hailey and I met in the year 2008.  She was trying out for a spot on the North West Arkansas Wolfpack Cheerleading Squad.  I was already on the team and we were really nervous and excited about getting a new set of girls on the team.  Hailey was super talented and we knew she would be an amazing asset to the team.  She brought pizazz, talent, and laughs!  It's hard to believe looking back but Hailey and I clashed the first couple of months.  I look back now and have NO idea why but what's important now is that it was only a couple of months out of 7 amazing years that we wasted on nonsense.  Needless to say, when we were done being difficult, we ended up allowing an amazing friendship to flourish!  

The past 7 years have been ups and downs (mainly ups with lots of giggles).  After two professional cheerleading squads, life changing experiences, and lots of giggles and fun, we have grown together and laughed together and most importantly shared life together.  We stood by one another's side when making the choice to surrender all to Christ.  We encouraged one another and cheered one another on as our lives took different directions.  I stood by Hailey's side as a bridesmaid on her wedding day and watched her commit her life to her groom.  I saw her marry her best friend and I watched her grow into a beautiful wife.  I listened to her journey of the married life and she listened to my stories of the single life. Hailey introduced me to painting and everytime I pick up a paint brush, I think of her and always send her a picture of my newest painting.   Hailey and Becca moved me to Texas and shed tears with me as I made the biggest leap of faith in my life.

I am telling you all this to paint a picture of how important she is to me and not just me but many others!  On December 22, Hailey and her husband found out that she has a large Acoustic Neuroma brain tumor and will be undergoing surgery in Los Angeles February 4th.  I would like to ask for prayers as Hailey and Austin embark on this journey.  I would also like to invite you to read her blog http://haileyalbers.blog.com/ and follow them on this journey!  Hailey has always been a positive spirit and there is no doubt in my mind that her faith will get her through anything! Her journey will change lives and I can already see God using her and this season to honor Him! Today I celebrate my amazing and phenomenal friend and most of all I celebrate God's love for her!  I know He will take care of her!  









No comments:

Post a Comment